
Well, Saturday was pure misery. The race in Deer Trail was like a miserable group ride for me. The weather was, how you say, "SHIT"!? Cold, rainy, and so freakin' windy. Started off riding in the pack. We had a ripping tailwind going out to Agate, so the pace was high, but manageable because you could just sit in. Then, when you turn around to head BACK into Deer Trail...as Tony Soprano would say...fugggetaboutit.
All over the road! The wind was howling, the rain was coming down, hail, snow...you name it, it wa there and POOPING on us. So, we approach the 2nd turnaround to head BACK to Agate, and Boom. My day was over. I was sitting way too far back in the pack, although I tried to cover the move by the group. I latched onto a few wheels, but to no avail. The only nice thing was that it was a tailwind, so it wasn't AS hard to try to chase back on. Yet, if I were sitting closer to the front, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. So, I TT"d pretty much the whole way out to Agate, then, grabbed about 7 guys to try to chase back on to the group. We could see them in the distance and got SOOOOOO close to grabbing them! Argh! These stupid idiots in our group were freaking attacking trying to bridge up. We would have caught the group if everyone cooperated, but, no. Oh well. Hit the rollers and the cross wind picked up like no other. At that point, I was kinda on my own. I decided to TT as hard as I could to get some good training in and boost the ole TSS for the week. Ended up with like 2610KJ in 3hrs or something like that. Pretty bitchin. I went down to Manitou afterwards and took a nap on Elyse's bed while she was getting her yoga on. It felt great! I was so spent. We ended up going to bed at like 9:15. It was stellar!
Sunday I did a group ride down in the Springs where we went out to the Air Force Acadamy. I lasted about 90 minutes. It was hard! Folks like Danny Pate, and a few of the Pro 1-2 Spike guys showed up. Some scarey shit! Later that night we watched Adaptation. Not quite what I had expeceted, but still a great movie.
Meryl Streep is hot, I have to admit.
No comments:
Post a Comment