This guy has the smoothest TT form in the world. I'm kinda pulling for him at the tour this year too. Kick some ass Jan...I was SUPER focused today and was able to keep it in my pants :-). I was regularly spinning out my gears (53x11) on the downhills, so I tucked in as tight as possible and let my aerodynamic advantage allow me some more speed. In retrospect, I migth have been a bit too tranquillo, cuz my power was low. However, I beleive that is part of the downhill sections and lower power in those sortsa sections. Either way, I put the hammer down on the uphills and passed a GRIP of people on the final leg. At that point, I said ok, let's whip it out some more. You could tell that everyone went out wayyy too hard. Not me :-). Tranquillllllooo!!! Check out that first few minutes!!! I almost went of course on that 1st turn though...had to brake! The wind was howlin'.
We lucked out with the weather and it was a bit cooler than anticipated thanks to some stray cloud cover. I actually took a camelbak bladder and hid it in my skinsuit. That was a HUGE advantage for me. However, it eventually sagged down towards my arse and, as Mongo put it, made me look like I needed some Oops I Crapped My Pants.
In other news, it was a blog-arriffic encounter as I parked next to Roscoe & Sparky.
I didn't have a tent or anything like that, so I made my own. This Element kicks ass!
No comments:
Post a Comment