Saturday was the Festival in the Park Crit in Fart Morgana. Great race with a fantastic course. Lots of nice wide streets & turns. Definitely going back for that one! I stuck with my huckleberry all day, but missed his final move at the end. The sun was starting to in and out of the trees and it made for some trippy-epileptic type flashing in my brain. I temporarily lost focus, and boom, he was gone. Bummer! There were about 5 guys off the front on the last 50yds and I busted my ass to catch them. I saw I wasn't, tucked back in, and set up for the final bunch sprint. Got 13th, but should have been top 10. No biggie. It was fun to mix it back up again. I love racing!!!!
On Sunday, me, Ertzie Von Ertzington, Big Rob Canuck, and Dr. Tim went up to Boulder and rode the Boulder-->Lyons-->Ward puke fest.

It was 94 degrees at 9:30! I went through 11 bottles that day. Sorta bonked a bit on part of the climb. I dropped my Clif Bar and got pissed off so I hammered the rest of the way :-).
Big day. I was very tired. Treated myself to a massage afterwards. It was STELLAR! I also finally bought myself a new b-ball cap from University Bicycles. I needed SOMETHING as I was fro-in' out and my disgusting white MLB cap was on its last thread. I actually tossed it in the garbage. New hats mean new chapter/part of life...I guess?
No comments:
Post a Comment