Friday, January 12, 2007

Let it snow not

Again, I have come to grips with the fact that the weather is going to be shit over the weekend for riding. It was so freaking cold today that I got frostbite from putting my bare hand on the car door as I attempted to maintain my balance while getting in my car perched on a shit-ton of ice. Is that a run-on sentence? So, what I'm going to do is adopt the Costanza approach...and do the opposite. So, historically, since the weather here in colorado has been totally rideable in the winter with the exception of one or two trainer days over the winter. In fact, I don't think I rode it once last year indoors...that's how nice it usually is. Cold...but nice. Anyway, I used to fear/obsess when it would potentially snow and ruin the week. Being Costanzian in nature, I will now fear that it will be nice out. Since my new normal expectation is that it's just going to be plain shitty. George...you're a genius.

In other news, I love my new trainer. Tonight I did about an hour on it, and I had no idea it had passed. I was so occupied with the computer screen that all I could do was watch the Italian coastline whip by me. Tomorrow I am going to ride the Amstel Gold race for as long as I can. I'm shooting for 2-3 hrs which would be great. However, we'll see. I've got a double session to try to do on Sunday, then a massage. I might try skiing too, however it's alwasy 30 degrees colder at Eldora than it is here in town.

So the weekend looks like this...Tomorrow morning I am meeting my pseudo big sis Lezlie & her partner for breakfast at...where else...Watercourse baby! Then, I have a showing until about noon, so I'm going to run basic errands that I've been totally procrastinating for weeks. Come home, ride the trainer for a while (2-3hrs is the goal), then I have an HGTV shoot at 4pm. Once that's done...NAP TIME!(maybe). I might also run to the grocery store to pick up some stuff to make dinner for Sunday night, as we'll be celebrating Wendy's birthday (sis). Sunday, I'll ride again, and MAYBE ski weather pending. I'm also getting a massage in the afternoon. THANK THE LORDY LORD. I haven't had one in a while and my legs are still mad at me for it. I think the last one was in August, maybe!? Either way, dinner afterwards & I get to see my nephews! You gotta admit...Riley is pretty freakin cute! But check this out. He's already an actor! That's right...he's been in Return of the Jedi! Don't believe me? See for yourself...


It's the cheeks...

Amy is back east until Tuesday, spending time at the farm with the family...literally. It's her pops' birthday and I'm psyched she can be with him. She's been in Virginia, Ohio, & North Crackerlina shooting marching bands for the upcoming Honda Battle of the Bands DVD that she's co-producing/editing. It's a neat concept. It's like the movie Drumline, only real life. In fact, Drumline is based on this annual competition. No Nick Cannon though...thankfully. That guy can't act. She comes back on Tuesday, and I can't freakin wait.

That's all for now. Check out this freaking HYSTERICAL video. I can't stop watching it...

No comments: