Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Wrap

The weather "cooperated" for us on Saturday. I drove up to Boulder to ride with the new squad. Myself, Jeremy, Nate, Jon, and Andy all met at LVC at 9:30. The weather was less than desirable, but hey, when you haven't ridden outside in over a month, you take what you can get! We did a solid 3hrs of riding out towards Carter Lake and back. It was so cold that my SRM couldn't calibrate! So, I rode the whole ride with my power reading "zero". Ironically, the cadence & speed were being picked up just fine. I was pissed because I felt really good and was working my butt off during the ride, and, I wanted to see the end result to kind of be able to gauge where I was fitness wise. As soon as I get back to the car, the damn thing starts to work! Turns out my batteries are 1/2 way through their lives, so, it's a lot more temperature sensitive. To my surprise, when I got home, I messed with the calibration in the shitty SRM software, and BOOM! Software ain't so shitty anymore :-). The data was there, and I actually under-estimated my overall KJ for the ride. Solid work!

Sunday blew. It freaking dumped here all damn day, so riding outside was not an option. Amy & I went up to Eldora for a quick few hour ski, as she had band practice later that day. I fell coming down hill and kinda whiplashed my neck, so I f'd it up again. I had to cut the day of skiing short to about 90 minutes. Either way, when we DID ski it was a blast. We did a different section of the nordic system...over to the east. We covered Buckeye Basin, Annie B, and a few others. We had never been over there, and the terrain was awesome. It was really secluded and quiet...awesome. I ran over to Sunflower market for the week's groceries and to pick up some nice stuff for a big Sunday night dinner. Cooked "Ultimate Vegetarian Chili" which has a bit of a mole to it, made honey whole wheat bread in my new bread machine (RULES!!!) and was able to get a nice 1hr intense trainer session while everything cooked!I picked up a Tofurky Feast...check out what comes with this bad-boy!

Have a bird-free feast, but with all the flavor and trimmings you've always enjoyed.

Our feast contains :

One Tofurky Roast (made with organic non-genetically engineered soybeans)
Eight Cranberry Apple Potato Dumplings
Tofurky Giblet & Mushroom Gravy
Herbed brown and Tofurky Wild Rice Stuffing
Tofurky Jurky Wishstix
Each feast is 100% vegan, cooks in about an hour, serves four and tastes fabulous!


The dumplings were crazy! Really good. That Tofurky Jurky was awesome too. Really tasted like turkey jerky!

We wrapped up the night with the NY Times Crossword and some bad television. Really put a nice cap on the weekend. Amy is out until Tuesday night, then, leaves again Wed-Sun. Sucks. Once she comes back, I am locking her in my room!

This week: Massage, new chriopractor, new band, and more sunny weather.

No comments: