Last night was the first of 7 Cherry Creek TT series races. I like this series, although a bunch of people think it's lame. I dunno. I like the race of truth. My final time was 25:08. My power was good, but the time was kinda slow for me. It was a bit cold and windy out there, so the conditions were sorta so-so. There was a goofy sorta cross/head wind out there that was sporadic. Overall I felt good. I was nervous all day with butterflies in the stomach, but those went away as soon as I started. Besides the botched start by the starthouse guys, things went well. The first few minutes I was sorta in panic mode because I didn't have any clue how much time the start messup had cost me. I blasted it, but quickly calmed myself and pegged the 305W mark for a a good long while. I hit the hill and held my aero position a little longer than I usually do. This helped me overcome the headwind that was about to greet me at the top! The new rig felt great! So comfy and fits like a glove. I'm about due for some new tubulars, so, I'm thinking after next weeks race, I'll drop 'em off at PPC and have Jason or Shelptronic put some on.
Another nice little treat was having Amy & my pops come down to watch. They waited juuust past the 1km mark shakin' cowbells, and holding the doggies on the leash. That helped me find the kick! Afterwards, we all went over to Watercourse for some vittles. I got a huge-arse cesaer salad with Seitan, and a Juan Wrap...unbe-real.
Now, it's snowing. We're supposed to get up to a foot possibly when it's all said and done. Now THAT my friends, sucks.
As a side note, I start at 6:31, and Mike Carter starts at 6:32:20. He caught me at the halfway point of the course, and then, simply disappeared. That guys is so freakin fast, it's crazy. He was changed into his street clothes by the time I finished, and got back to my car. Funny!
1 comment:
Nice work out there. My TT frame should be in tomorrow. Can't wait for next wednesday.
Post a Comment