Monday, April 23, 2007

I AM A SEX ADDICT (or...Weekend Report)


This weekend Amy & I were out of our Netflix movies, so we went to Blockbuster and rented "I Am a Sex Addict". We'd read some random reviews here and there, but didn't really know much about it. I'm not going to divulge what the story is about, but go see this film. It's hysterical!! We laughed pretty hard. The bonus features are a MUST. Good stuff! The funniest par though, was actually at Blockbuster. Since I hadn't rented anything there in like 90+ days, they deactivated my account (stupid data management practice!). Thus, I had to fill out one of the applications/etc. and wait around for it to be entered. Once it was complete, the guy that was working the counter came over and said "I can take care of you guys here...do you have all of the movies you want?" Of course, I said yes. He asked "Which are yours?", and of course, I answered "I AM A SEX ADDICT"...I said it rather loud, and it sounded more like a declaration than an identification of our movie. Amy started hysterically laughing and had to leave the store cuz she couldn't stop. The guy at the desk was laughing too, and I looked at the long line of people that heard me say it, and of course, I laughed cuz I realized what just happened.

On Saturday, I had the Haystack Time Trials. I dunno what happened during this thing, but I absolutley crapped the bed on it. Maybe I was too nervous? Too much pressure on myself? I dunno. In looking at my file, everything seems good. My strategy was to go kinda tranquillo the first leg (avg was 307W...which is grrreat), then, use the downhill leg on Nelson to kind of "recover". When I hit Nelson, I started to feel like I was redlining, which I wasn't (avg was like 235W) due to the 37+mph speeds and in a 53x11 I was spun out. Once I made a right onto 63rd, it was roller time. I hit each roller at 300+W then, used the backside to recover (avg was 261W with the ups & downs...problem...not hard enough!). Once I made the right onto Neva, it was over. I literally just felt flat. I couldn't get my power up, nor could I keep my cadence up. The final 10minutes or so I was at an average of 259W...which included my uphill sprint at the very end! YUUUCCCKKKK! Amy was there cheering me on, and that gave me a huge boost at the very very end. I dunno what happened though. It's written off, and I've moved on...

Now yesterday's ride I expected to be kinda poopy...you know the type of ride after a shitty race where you're like...man...this sucks. It wasn't! I headed out with Jordan & Christian from HART towards Lookout, and it was fun to get some group dynamic in. Once we hit the hill, they stopped and did some intervals, while I decided to ride up all the way. There was a grip of people out on the road, but it was great to see so many people riding their bikes on such a beautiful day. Regardless, I start going a bit hard just for fun and then, I go harder, and I hold it. Turns out I was climbing...something I didn't think I was very good at! I made it to the very top 3 minutes off of my personal record, WITHOUT even trying. I literally felt like I was just riding for the hell of it. I didn't look down at the SRM once either, I just 'felt' it. I think the new bike has a lot to do with it too! That thing just flies up the hills. It's pretty sweet. Yesterday was the first real ride that I was able to get in on it...good attacking and lots of LT+ work. Out of the 3h 55min, 48m were at or above LT, with 65% in tempo. Ended up with 2873KJ in 3h 50min. Another 10 mins, and I would have busted 3000KJ. Once I got up to the top, I kept going...Did Mt Vernon then over to Genessee Park Road, then, made a left back up 40, descended Lookout, and went home. Great ride and the weather was gorgeous.

We finished the day on the couch with the Sunday New York Times crossword and some Sunday night TV...what a weekend! This weekend is Deer Trail. The weather out there is alwasys so nutty, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were dealing with this....

I'm looking forward to racing now...but first up...this week's Cherry Creek TT!

word.

No comments: