Friday, June 22, 2007

Date night!

Last night was date night for us, since we are going to be spending the weekend with a bunch of folks up in Winter Park. We hit up Alexander's, but it was closed! WTF! That place rocked! Veggie mexican food, and now it's gone. Crap. So, I figured, well, let's kick it up a notch and do something a tad fancier. We hit the Wash Park Grille instead and had a nice meal. I got some oven roasted north atlantic slamon wrapped in puff pastry (triple yum) stuffed with wild rice pilaf and some veggies, plated with some aspargus. Amy got a delicious Ahi salad. Afterwards we hit up Bonnie Brae Ice Cream for a cone. That place is always nuts, and tonight was no different. The line stretched out the door and almost around the corner. I'm personally a fan of soft serve ice cream, and, Bonnie Brae serves the hard type. I got a scoop of B-Twixt on a cake cone, and A got some Butter-brickle thingy (kinda butterscotch old skool flavor) on a sugar cone. I have to admit it was delicious, but as I started eating it, I realized why I love soft serve so much...it's the very end of the ice cream cone where it stands out. When you get hard ice cream, it's just scoops that sit on top of the cone...there is NOTHING in the cone. When you get soft serve, they put it all the way at the bottom of the cone, and slowly fill the cone, then, swirl up a nice few inches. When I hit the cone, it was completely empty...I felt like I was missing something. Don't get me wrong, the ice cream is made there and is absolutley delicious, but, when I hit cone, I need more! It's like the milk with the cookie.

No comments: