Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Film On the Rocks...Ain't it a shame

Last night we went to Film on the Rocks and caught Sixteen Candles .Mr Pacmanplayed a killer, super-fun set. If you've never seen Mr Pacman live, they are hysterically entertaining. Basically it's 4 guys dressed up in fancy leather Italian motorcylce suits and helmets, singing 80's synth punk with video/Atari arcade sounds & music. They have dudes in mutanta cockroach outfits (a la Gwar) and various other stuff dancing around on stage. They have songs called "Exercise - Do it all the time", "Belt Fighter", and "The Best Summer Ever", so you can tell that they are not serious in what they sing about, but they are serious about their music. The lead singer kept addressing the audience as "The City of Red Rocks"...it was so funny. Our buddy Kit from Critical Dumbass fame (and lover of Georgina), >.plays drums for them, and is the "White Tiger" character. He freakin RIPS!

Anyway, it was sweet to catch the movie. I've never seen it from start to finish, but rather, only in snippets on like TBS, USA, and/or TNT. It was so funny. I was surprised that they showed boobs and had cursing to such a diverse (kids included) audience. It didn't bother me, I was just surprisd it wasn't edited.

On Monday 7/9 it's the Big Lebowski!! I want to catch that BAD.

word

No comments: