Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Checking in...

Weekend Wrap up

Well, this weekend represents 2 things…1. My favorite weekend of racing with the Fed Center & Bannock criteriums, and, 2. The official end of my 2007 season.

I love the Fed Center & Bannock crits! Despite the fact that we had to get up and race at 7 on Sunday for Bannock, it’s just such a great course. Wide streets, twisty corners and loooong straightaways. Fed Center is a longer more technical/turny course, but always makes for a good race. I ended up 27th at Fed Center, and 19th at Bannock. No biggie, because results right now aren’t important. My positioning has been so crappy the last few races I’ve done, I tried to focus on racing smart and with good positioning. Mission accomplished!

Now that the season is over, I have the next week or few to get myself geared up and ready for next year. I have lots of things I have to do, and, more importantly, the house is off the market. That is a HUGE stress relief! Amy moves in on 9/1, and it’s gonna be a blast! We’ve started gathering our stuff into piles and saying…ok…what do I really need? Needless to say there are bags and bags of clothes and stuff to go to the Goodwill!

We’ll get a storage space for things like skis, mountain bikes, and the random piece of furniture, but the necessities like bicycles and bike clothing, as well as a bed will stay . I’ll be chronicling (sp? Hell, forget spelling, is that even a word?!) the move and whatnot, so it should offer some entertaining reading. I’ve got to build out the closet tonight, and, get everything staged for a move to the storage space this weekend. It’s gonna be nice when my drums are out of the kitchen!

I bought a sweet new toolchest for all of my extra bike parts & tools. It’s saved us a TON of room, and, is way more organized than before.

I'll also be blogging about this past season to kind of clean the brain out, so there'll be some good reading. I can't guarentee when it'll happen, but it will...

Until the next time…keep it realz!

1 comment:

JT said...

G- You had some nice results to finish the season. Good luck with the move. Look forward to some good off season rides with you this fall.
Peace
J