Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wuzza

Well, the last two weeks have been pure mayhem getting Amy all moved in. We're about 95% there, and should be done mid-next week (hell...we GOTTA be done!). We're taking a break and going up to Crested Butte this weekend for some MTB & relaxing at the condo. We're looking to hit the 401 on Sat, then Strand/Brush Creek on Sunday. Should be a blast. Those trails are fun, and, juuuust hard enough that a sissy like me will be ready to challenge it!

In other news, I'v started riding again! I wanted to ride into work 5 days this week, but the weather gets very dangerous in the afternoon, and I'd prefer not to be sitting on a lightning rod in the middle of an open field. Which reminds me...no more copper underwear! Anyway, Mon & Tues I rode in, took yesterday off, and did some tempo intervals today during lunch. It felt so good to ride, and, the yoga I've been doing for the last 8 weeks has relly been helping. I feel like I'm on the cusp of a sick off season, where I get my legs and mind back like I had in 05-06. I'm going to do it right this year, as opposed to last, and really focus on what needs to get done. That includes (most importantly) the recovery stuff. Obviously, Frank will take care of the training, but I need to get a grip on regular yoga & massages like I did in 05. That was SO crucial to my survival! I'm thinking every 3 weeks I'll go see Jeff Jewell, and, if I need something in between, I can hit someone down here in Denver. Also, pushing for yoga at least once, maybe twice a week as time allows. It has to fit in the schedule, and I know 1 day a week is a definite. Monday's are the day I usually have off, so that's the target day. If I get Fridays off, then maybe a thursday night class as well. It's gonna be good!

I've also been back on the diet wagon. I'm shooting again for a sub 160lb weight by 3/1/08 when the spring races start (or maybe 4/1...it all depends), and maintaining it as long as I can. So far, I've dropped about 4 lbs in 3 weeks, so the 1lb a week should continue to treat me well through Sept & Oct training, prior to the weight room. I typically put weight on while lifting, but, it comes off again during the longer mileage days.

So, with that in mind, I'm gone!

1 comment:

mtbcollinsj said...

Greg,
Congrats on the engagement....Give Amy my condulences, J/K. You better get your but in gear this year and get in to the 3's before I leave (hopefully next season).