This weekend was perfect for some nice long days in the saddle. I had a nice big block of training this passed week, and now, have a nice lil' break/regen block this week. 3 days off in a row, 4 total. Yeehaw! Saturday started with the HART group ride. We had to navigate our way from Bang! Salon out to Golden, and assumed the path was unrideable. Therefore, we did our best bike messenger impressions and headed out via downtown. Once we made it out to Golden, the wind picked up and started blowing pretty ferociously. As we met up with 30 other guys from the team (all categories), 27 of them decided to go up Lookout, 3 of us didn't. The wind going up would have made it hellacious, and, the descent even colder. Plus, I personally needed 5 hrs; climbing Lookout, then trying to construct a longer route from those roads is rather difficult (in my opinion anyway). So, Jordo, Michael Hanna & I rolled North. I ended up doing the Wall and heading home, while those two went up Indiana. We met at the top of 128 for a snack, and then went our separate ways. The wind was non-existent for the most part of my trip, except when I headed due west past the Flat Irons Mall, and up the wall. HAY-SOOS! I ended up with 5hrs on the day, a little wind blown and pretty tired. That night, I headed up to see my nephew and eat dinner. We had such a great time! He's walking around like a maniac. Love it!
Sunday was more group riding. This time, it was MOB, and there were some nutty-strong dudes & ladies there. This dude from High Road (old T-mobile) showed up, Jon Garcia, Kim Baldwin, Lara Kroepsch, and a few other big guns whom I didn't know...but knew they were big guns. After the normal jaunt into Golden, the group headed up Lookout. Jordon, Teno, Michael Hanna, P-diddy Hill & I all did our own thing. We headed up to I-70 via frontage, dropped into Morrison, then over into Deer Creek via Ken Caryl, did a lap around Chatfield, and rode home. It was a big day. Those 4 can climb like nobody's business. If it goes up, they're gone. I did my own thing off the back, and eventually, Teno dropped back to keep me company. We bullshat about his recent engagement and that sorta stuff. It was cool. Once we hit Chatfield, We motored the pace up and did some good pacelining and tempo work. Good times. Ended up with 4 hours.
So I did 14hrs this week, with 9 of it on the weekend. The back to back TSS was pretty good, and I'm geared up for the few days off this week. Going to see the man Jeff Jewell tonight to set things straight. Tomorrow nothing! Wednesday I'll pick the yoga up again, and then back to normal. A thin training weekend, but, no snow in the forecast! Yeeehaw.
Then, FRIDAY night...it's so on!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment