Friday, February 22, 2008

Well, it's over...


Last night it all came to an end. I have to say I'm feeling a rush of different emotions...all over the spectrum. I'm sad, relieved, intrigued, and also, content. I never thought it would end, but, it did. Was that guy at the bar from New York? Was he a Russian getting revenge for Paulie & Christopher's shooting of the Russian Mob Boss's best friend? Was it just an average shmoe? Did Tony get shot? Did anything happen? WHAT HAPPENED!??!

That's the beauty and sheer genius behind the finale. You get to assume your own opinions on the destiny of the characters. So genius. It allows all viewers to have their own opinion, and, noone will ever be right, wrong, or, even know exactly what happened. It really is so genius. That song Tony played on the jukebox "Don't Stop Believin'" was such a great choice, and, was pretty much David Chase saying...don't stop believing what you want to believe is going to happen. ARGH it's just so GENIUS!!!

In my opinion, it was nobody. Things just kept on going the way they were. Everyone still had their same problems, and, kept falling into the same patterns. However, I do believe that Tony & Carmela end up happier in the end. Tony eventually loses his shit when he gets way old like Junior, and, his mom.

Great stuff!!!

1 comment:

mtbcollinsj said...

You're an idiot.....