Monday, August 18, 2008

Love the Drake!

This weekend was a departure from the normal cycling back to back to back, mainly due to the weather. It was not un-enjoyable to say the least! I've been hitting it pretty hard and having a blast riding these last few weeks or so, and, decided a couple of days off would be good. Now, I'm usually not the one to take a 4-day break, but, lucky for me mother nature had a lot to do with it as it rained non-stop here since early Friday morning. All in all who knows how much rain we actually got, but, dang, my plants are loooovin' it.

So, Saturday we woke up and decided to do some early morning lounging very very slowly. I think I got out of bed at around 9am, which, is simply unheard of during the summer months! We were invited up to our friends' Mike & Kelly's cabin up in Drake, Colorado, just up Big Thompson Canyon. Side note: Big Thompson looks like a gorgeous amazing ride one day! We hit Tattered Cover first to grab some books for reading, then over to Parisi for some lunch (yum!). I picked up a few finance books to start planning a bit more. The first "Killing Sacred Cows" is a book about debunking a lot of the traditional financial "myths" people/the market has, and, replacing them with ones that are more a reality. So far it's ok, but the upcoming chapters look nice and meaty. The second was "Investing $50-$5000". I figure, if I can do something short term with some excess cash, I'll be in a good spot when the time comes to sell the house. Finally, I picked up an Italian Grammer skills workbook to polish off a lot of the work I've done, prior to going to Italy!

After a delicious Parisi lunch, we headed for a quick stop at my sister's place to visit my nephew. We played for a while, until the rain rolled back in. It's nuts how much it rained! Finally, we proceeded to roll up to the cabin up on Storm Mountain. It was a balmy 43 degress up there, but gorgeous nonetheless. Mike & Kelly let me pick some wildflowers from their property, and I'm going to try to replant the seeds for next year in the front. We'll see! I'm going to make a small little "cabin seed" section in the planter. I bet it goes gangbusters!
here are a few shots.



No comments: