Ok! So, we're officially back and in the swing of things. It took us a day or two to get back onto the right time schedule with sleep and whatnot, but, we're fine now. So, with that in mind, I'll resume the blogging! Here goes!
Yesterday was a pretty great day. I woke up and headed out for my first group ride of the season. MOB Cyclery has closed it's doors and moved out to become "Westside Cyclery" on Colfax & Pierce. When I woke up, I figured I'd better leave a bit earlier to get to the new place since I'd only driven passed it on previous occasions, and, thought it was pretty far out west. To my surprise, it was closer than I thought! I showed up at about 8:40 (ride starts at 9) and luckily there were a few familiar faces to chat with there. It was kinda surreal to do this ride from a different spot, but, it quickly turned into the normal stuff as soon as we made a left onto 32nd. I got to catch up with a few faces I hadn't seen in a while...it was great! I felt pretty good on this ride, considering I hadn't ridden in about 3-4 days since we'd been waiting on our bikes. The pace started out slow, but, ramped up as we approached the church on Youngfield & 32nd. Jon Mullen took a massive pull and proceeded to crank it up. I was able to sit 2nd wheel until we crested that hill by the start of the Coors factory (my usual waterloo on this ride!) which was a great feeling. Then, the usual suspects came around and went off the front. I tried to stick on the wheels, but, hell, my lungs started to burn! I regrouped after about 15 seconds or so, and was able to jump on another wheel into the final few kms to the tunnel and rolled up into Golden to Starbucks feeling good. I honestly haven't felt that mentally clear/focused on the bike in a VERY long time. Good stuff! We headed up Lookout as a group, which, is usually a sign for me to go do my own thing since I cannot hang with these people going up. I was convinced by a few fellow riders to tag along anyway, so I did. The whole way up I kept a solid steady pace/cadence and it felt really good. I haven't climbed Lookout/in general like that in a LONG time. Again, it felt great mentally! I think the pitch of the climbs from Italy were still in my legs, so 6-7% felt like nothing compared to the 11-15% we did for miles and miles. I didn't climb "fast" in the general scheme of things, but, like I said, for me, it was great! We finished the day with a visit to my sister's to catch up, pass out presents, and, pick up our wedding gifts. People are so generous...we are VERY lucky.
Saturday, Amy & I hit the dirt with the knobby tires since we got our bikes so late in the evening. It was simply too late to put them together. We went up to Kenosha/Georgia Pass to catch the colors and enjoy the cooler weather. I struggled skill-wise big time, and am contemplating a full-suspension rig to replace the hard tail. I simply cannot ride anything techincal on the PM. I have to upgrade to be able to enjoy it!!! That being said, I'm MTB shopping, AND, selling!
I have some photos which I'll upload late of the spectacular colors. I left my camera in my car.
Oh...and I can't find my DAMN KEYS!!!
4 comments:
honey, did you check your pants pocket? sometimes you leave your keys there.
love~
wifey
I may be interested in buyin' what your sellin' homie. Let me know, I need a mountain bike.
Hey Zampano-
Who are you homie!? Shoot me your email and I'll get you the deets. I'm blowin' this sucker OUT!!!
Post a Comment