Friday night, Amy & I hit Arada's Ethiopian food for some tastey vegetarian delights. I fueld up for my Saturday ride, which included Bear Creek Canyon and Kerr Gulch Road, which, I've never done. The usual suspects showed up (usual for these days at least..it's great!)...DAlbert, Chris Cummings, Jordo (of course), Roger, and a few other new guys looking to get on the team. We rolled out towards Morrison and climbed up to Kitteridge. There's a turn off directly across from Parmalee Gulch Road which heads up in the opposite direction up Kerr Gulch Road towards I-70/Evergreen Parkway. The road is pretty rugged at the beginning, but, was apparently repaved towards the 2nd half. It was virtually car free and the weather was simply oustanding. I got dropped pretty quickly going up Bear Creek, but, took a head start on Kerr Gulch. The guys freakin caught me on the last 2-3 miles or so from the top. Jordo came FLYING by in his big ring, and, then Chris was hot on his trails in his 50 about to get him...it was almost like watching a race. It was pretty cool actually. Roger was next, then, Darren. I summited and drank a bunch of water while we waited for a few more guys to show up. We hit I-70 for about 1 mile, exiting at Genesee, then, headed home via 32nd/26th/etc. All in all a VERY hard ride. I was extremely tired that night. In fact, I fell asleep at 9:15!
That night we headed to Zaidy's with my folks. My dad wanted some soul food, and there really aren't any great delis in Durango. They were pleased with the meal, and, my brisket was delish!
The next day, Amy & I headed up to Erie to ride with Mike. Unfortunately his back was acting up, and opted for gears instead of the fixie. We headed out on a nice flat Sunday cruise towards Platteville, and back to Erie. The weather was, again, just amazing. I"m hoping my fixie is ready for next weekend's jaunt. It'll be fun! Afterwards, we hit my sis's house for some dinner & dancing with Riley. We collapsed on the couch when we got home, and, eventually got into bed around 10:30.
This week sees us very busy with appointments around what to do with our house/housing situation. Hopefully all will work out!
1 comment:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment