Monday, November 24, 2008

ZZZZZZ

Man, did I ever potato the couch up yesterday! This weekend put the finishing touches on a tough week of training. It'd been a long time since I'd felt so whacked, but, yet, so good. The build up of the week from the fixed gear stuff really added a lot of good muscle breakdown, and, I could feel a difference in the group rides a little.

Friday I just did some basic opener/sprint type work on the fixie. I am absolutely in love with that bike, and, want to ride it more than my geared bike these days! Friday night Amy & I rolled to John Holly for some amazing sushi and mu shu veggies in celebration of her new start-up production company getting the Matisyahu gig. They'll be shooting, producing, editing, and everythign else under the sun his exclusive DVD from his instore performance at Twist & Shout. If you are around Friday ~1pm ish, head over to the Colfax...

MATISYAHU
Twist & Shout is proud to host a free, live Matisyahu performance & autograph signing -- To be held across the street at the Colfax Events Center

(E. Colfax & Columbine)

Friday, November 28 @ 1:30 p.m
This very special post-Thanksgiving event will be recorded and videotaped at the lovely
500-seat venue across the street from Twist & Shout, the Colfax Events Center (www.colfaxeventscenter.com). Don't miss this great free event by a great artist at a great venue! He'll be performing at the Ogden Theatre on the following night.


It's a pretty exciting time for her! Yippee!!

Saturday, rolled out with the normal crew and did Genesee Trail Road. My legs were pretty sore,but, eventually started to open up. I really enjoy these group rides, no matter how bad I get my ass kicked. First off, it's a great workout jammed into a shorter period of time. Second, the guys I head out with are just great company. It's fun to watch the fast mofos (Jordo, Hannabanannamontanarosannerosannadanna, Cummings, Applewood, and Roger) battle it out. It's all gentlemanly though...the only posturing usually comes when we're just cruising along making fun of each other, or, someone we all know and can't stand as a group. Quite hysterical sometimes. As we headed out towards Golden, we took the "Mini Jizzallo" hill. From the starts earlier in the week, I could feel a bit more torque and explosiveness heading up. It's a short hill of maybe 30 yards, but, quite steep at 11%. The pace was high, and, while I couldn't hang with the bro-mobiles going up, I didn't go up as slow as I usually did. My legs kept spinning, and, the fixie has programmed my brain to climb a hill until it's done withOUT stopping the pedaling. Also, it's helped my pedal stroke an unquantifiable amount. As we climbed out of Golden on Heritage, I was off the back (I hate that section!!!), and, it was nice of Darren A to be sore and hang back with me. We talked about drums and life. It was fun. The stretch up Genesee Trail & The frontage road of I-70 was good. Although I was the last to arrive, I still felt like I was climbing pretty good. Hanna & Jordo descended a bit to climb the final little bit with me which was pretty friggin nice of them, consideirng they'd already summited. That's why these guys kick so much ass! Cummings hung back with Darren & I too. They could easily (and always do) shell us and just wait at the top, but, instead they feed the social aspect of the ride as well. That evening, I rolled up to meet Amy, Mike, Kelly, and a few other folks at Chez Thuy in Boulder for a birthday celebration for Kelly. The food was pretty good, and the portions were huge. The best part though was the cake from Indulge! They were the same folks that did our wedding cake and it was delicious! We headed to University bicycles afterwards to use up a gift certificate that'd been burning a hole in Amy's pocket for sometime now, and, I scored some sweet winter Descente socks on sale.

Sunday's MOB ride was a larger group, and, I've yet attempted to attack as we approach the town sprint by Coors. I remember back in the day when I was a rabblerouser. I have got to get that confidence back. Anyway, as we climbed up and over heritage through redrocks, I've typically been tail gunning and just throttled. This time though, lucky for me the pace was a bit slower than our usual Saturday rides, so, I was able to hang in the group the whole way up, and get to the bottom of the park without being last. Wohoo! It's the small victories. I started feeling really sick and congested in my chest, so I headed home where I literally hit the couch and passed out for about 2hrs! I did NOT feel like getting up either, so, I laid there for another hour before getting up to run some errands. I did catch "Amazing Surgeries" about this Romanian woman that had a 160lb tumor attached to her body. It was really amazing and quite disgusting.

On that note...it's turkey day week!! Yippee!

No comments: