Sunday, December 07, 2008

Good...no Great!

So, here's the usual weekend wrap up post.

Friady night was the HART meeting. We've got some really cool sponsors lined up for next year, and, a lot of enthusiasm. Should be super fun!

Saturday, the usual HART ride headed out, only this time, sans Jordo. Unfortunatly he wasn't feeling well, but, we still had Juan Miguel Hannandez and Appleby on the ride to keep things quick. As we headed out, I felt pretty good, but, as the pace was raised, the week of intervals and fixed gear riding reallly started to catch up in my legs. I was super sore, so, I hunkered down and did what I could. I was mostly off the back, but, got to ride with my buddy Darren. It's always fun to shoot the shit about drums and life. As we headed through Arvada, the wind started to pick up a bit, and Darren turned around for time restrictions. I was this close to going with him, but, had a staunch goal of 4hrs. We hit the town sprint at Stanley Lake, and I got a good jump and held off the front. As we climbed Ball Punch Hill to highway 128, the wind was getting RIDICULOUS out of the west. At the top, we'd already logged about 2h15 minutes. The original plan was to hit the Wall on the backside of the mall, but, a few of the guys on the ride had to get back to town. We turned around and startd to head south, then west into what had to be at least 30+mph. I didn't mind it so much because I was looking to get the saddle time anyway. When I got back home, I was thankful that we had a nice tailwind coming in to Denver as I started to feel everything.

That night Amy & I had date night over at Cafe Brazil. We haven't been in a very long time, and, it was soooo delicious! We started the meal with a few drinks...she had some brazillian cocktail thing that was NOT a mojito, and, I had a nice glass of Syrah from Spain. Our appetizer was some delicious grilled plantains with a pecorino romano sauce that hit the spot as we waited for the table. Once seated, I ordered up the Seafood Copacabana (prawns & scallops over herbed rice & veggies with a parmesean based sauce), while Amy opted for something a bit more Brazillian traditional with coconut. Hit the spot!

Sunday, we headed up to Mike & Kelly's for a fixie ride out to Platteville and back. This ride is flat with some rolling/false flat sections. Amy forgot her helmet & sunglasses, so, she had to resort to desperate measures & wear her fashionable knock off Haltson fakes. The whole ride we'd refer to her as "Paris", "Lindsey", or "Brittany".














As we headed out of Erie, it was quite warm, but once we crossed HWY 52 and hit the Dacono area, the temp dropped a good 10-15 degrees!! BRR. There was quite a bit more snow on the ground out there which obvioulsy contributed to the moist air. Plus, the sun wasn't out yet. When we got to Platteville, we made our normal stop at the Shell station for a break & snack. We enjoyed the local fare and even shopped at the rest stop market for some sweet duds!!




The weather at this point was starting to get better...no breeze and lots of sun! It made for a pleasant ride home. I was so sore and tired that I limped home. I felt like this was one of my first true "complete" training weeks in that, I feel like I really worked out hard, and, hit every facet of sport-specific training there was...between the standing starts, the sweet spotting, and, the good distance/saddle time.

Tomorrow, I have a "stomach emptying study" at 7am. No coffee and no food before. really nothing after midnight. I'll fill in what it was/how it went.


**Can someone please help me figure out how the HELL to fix the html in the text or, the picture html to get the text to friggin line up. Basically, I want the order to be picture text picture text.Sheesh

No comments: