Yes yes yes. The Surly and I took our maiden voyage today at lunch. I finally mounted my Innova Tundra Wolf Studded Snow Tires, and, the full covereage Planet Bike 45mm fenders last night. After taking of 3/4 of the tip of my left ring finger trying to get 3 year old, dried out wire-bead gator skins off of Amy's old Protons, I was able to smear blood all over pretty much everything on this bike as well as the living room. Wonderful. Anyway, it's a full campy setup with an FSA SLK compact crank, a ton of old parts laying around, and, some Origin 8 cantilever brakes that are currently virtually impossible to squeeze. I am swinging by PPC after work to get them adjusted. Eric built the bike up, but, I didn't have the wheels (I don't think) to get the brakes set up. When I installed them myself, I had THE hardest time dialing them in. I settled for "good enough", and they don't brake worth a shit. Other than trying to get an additional Garmin mount, she's pretty much done! Pics will come shortly, but, she's bad ass for sure.
Today's ride was quite enjoyable. I was grossley overdressed as it initially didn't feel as warm as it could have been. The tires definitely offer a LOT of rolling resistance, but, damn do they bite the snow & ice! I set the bike up to match the Primus & Pimp Daddy II's setup as close as possible. Only problem is I need a zero setback post, or, try to push the saddle a bit more forward. It's almost at the limit though.
It's funny, after riding the fixed gear for the last 2 weeks or so, I'm afraid to coast on my geared bike!
HART team meeting tonight, photos and story later.
No comments:
Post a Comment