Monday, March 16, 2009

Nice work

Wow!

Friday night we headed over to the Crowe's for a fun evening of food and libations. I picked up a pizza from Pantaleone's, a Denver tradition, and, proceeded to blow away the guests with the delicious vittles. It really is the best pizza in town. Try it sometime if you have never. Holly & Evans. The owner is super nice, and, is kinda off the boat (and from NY!). The crust is quite a bit thicker than some east coast pizza lovers would like, but, the taste and quality is second to none. He is Il Campionissmo della Pizzetta!

Saturday, I met up with the In Crowd (as Jordo calls it) over at Bang Salon for a quick trip down to Chatfield where they'd pick up the Spoke ride, and, I'd do my own thing. These guys are riding pretty strong in prep for the Gila which is about 2 weeks away. Thus, I got my ass handed to me pretty good, but, also sat up because 22mph on the bike path is not a good idea. I'd decided at first to do Deer Creek, then head home. However, I felt a bit cagier, and, wanted some more variety that one long climb...so I did the Spring Classics loop (as I call it) in reverse. Lots of short punchy steep climbs, which, I hit pretty hard. 3600ft of elevation gain in about 3.5 hrs was awesome. I stopped into Pedal Pushers for a visit (so convenient now they're in Golden!), and, we got a call for ANOTHER showing, only earlier than the last ones. I had to BOOK my ass home to shut the alarm off, and, get the heck outta there. In the meantime, Amy was perched high atop Lookout Mountain, and, knew she couldn't make it home in time, so, I had to get her clothes together. I rode pretty friggin hard, and, made it back in only 40 minutes which is a record for me. Luckily I met up with Bruce, who, coincidentally lives around the block from me, and, we motored back together. I made it with time to spare, and, Amy & I had a great Saturday together. We hit Julia Blackbird's for lunch which was great, then, headed out to Golden to kill some time. We rounded the night off with a date at John Holly, unfortunately, missing the Cobles.

Sunday, we were up and at 'em early to get to Erie for the Sunday ride. We also had 3 showings, so, needed to be scarce for the day. When we arrived at Mike & Kelly's, we were informed that it was time to climb to Jamestown. I was SO happy. I love that ride/climb. The crew included myself, Amy, Mike, Kelly, Stephen, and Ed. Ed's a bigger guy, but, damn it can he freaking kill it. As we were climbing to Jamestown, Mike & Ed throttled it and I was just popped. Granted, I was short of breath from heckling the crap out of them as they pulled Stephen & I up the canyon. It was funny, and, they took it in stride letting their legs do the talking. Needless to say, I am WORKED today. Great workout.

After, we visited Riley & his folks (my sis & bro in law) for a quick hello. It was great to see him...he's getting so big.

ok! more info to follow once we work out some interesting happenings with the house.

No comments: