Well well well...here we are again...another Monday morning, and, it's freaking snowing here. I can't believe this! I know I know, I've lived here long enough to know we're not into the clear until June, but, enough is enough. sheesh!
Friday night, we hit Taki's for dinner prior to going to the Thermals show. Taki's was pretty nasty (understatement of the decade) on the inside, but, I guess it kinda adds to the character of the place. The food on the other hand, was insanely delicious! We had the special which was a beautiful salmon fillet served with some edameme dumplings (yes!), steamed veggies, and, hearty brown rice. It really hit the spot. We headed back home and got caught up on Lost (more on that below) really quickly, since the show didn't start for a while. Eventually we rolled to the Marquis around 10pm to meet Dave Crowe & his wife Heather for some rock and roll. The show was awesome, and, they played almost every song I wanted to hear, except for the very first track off of the new album...I was bummed, but, it was great nonetheless. The wierd thing is that the show wasn't very loud! I mean, here we were in this small little club, and, with a band that can ROCK, but, the sound was low. I didn't even need earplugs...it was awesome. The standing around kinda killed my back a little, and, my legs got really stiff from just kinda standing around. Yuck.
Saturday am I was supposed to ride with Jordo, but, the weather had something to say about that. So, I started doing the winter for summer clothing swap for storage. The weather "semi-broke" and I headed out for a quick ride to Golden to get a few adjustments at PPC, and, quickly returned home. My legs were KILLING me from standing the night before. YEAOUCH. Saturday night we didn't do much of anything...basically, we had some stale pizza, and, re-arranged our sock drawer. All in all it was a VERY VERY VERY lame Saturday night.
Sunday, we headed up to Erie to ride with Mike & Kelly. We headed out towards Raymond, but, my body was having nothing of the climb. I turned around with Kelly about 3 or 4 miles from the turnoff, and, we waited at the stone cup for our peeps. The wind started picking up, and, we headed back to Erie from Lyons in a crazy cross/head wind. It was pretty tough!
We made it home, only to pass out quickly after another episode of Lost. It was a great weekend overall...except for Saturday night which REALLY sucked.
1 comment:
the reason saturday sucked is because you haven't been doing your kegels like i asked.
Post a Comment