Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reconnecting with the people

One of my favorite things about riding in to work is the chance to sample some of the new music I happen to pick up, but, never really listen to (sounds crazy I know). Now, while I don't really condone cycling with an ipod, it's ok if you at least keep the volume semi-low, and/or are aware of what's going on. I usually ride with only 1 bud in, keeping my left ear open to hear traffic sounds/etc. So, during this morning's commute, I heard some great new music that I want to share...it is a good idea to pick some of this up:

Platinum Pied Pipers - "Abundance": Basic R&B with more hip hop roots than soul. Lots of great guest artists

Telekinesis - "Telekinesis!": Great indie rock. Some traces of pop and what not, but just solid solid songwriting.

Jake One - "White Van Music": Awesome hip hop from seattle. Lots of great guest artists.

The Thermals - "Now We Can See" : Holy shit. My pick for best album of 09. Gonna be hard for someone to beat this mofo!

Neko Case's new one (Middle Cyclone) is enjoyable, Wild Nights' "Adult Lights" is cool, and, of course, The Lonely Island is fucking hysterical.

No comments: