Lucky for me, Mongo & I are friends, and, all of the email shit-talking we do is all for fun. He's still the fastest mother f'er out there.
***
From: Yvonne van Gent Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 9:12 PM
To: Thomas, Brad
Subject: Re: 9763-Brad Thomas
Rules say you cant place in the top ten of any event, and you did last year. I will downgrade you but if I see that you are placing well with you will be automatically upgraded back to a 2, regardless of the points you have obtained
Yvonne
Yvonne,
Hope all is well. I wanted to find out what I need to do to downgrade to a 3 from a 2. I have gained a significant amount of weight, ballooning to well over 240lbs, over the past couple of years and feel I have no chance in hell of finishing a 2’s race. I am not sure my bike will be able to handle the added weight, but I am willing to give it a shot. Additionally, I am 39, have 2 kids, and a frickin full time sales job that I commute over an hour each way to. Did I mention, my wife does not like the fact I am gone all weekend when I do race and that I spent all my extra income on overpriced bike parts, coaches, and powermeters? If you feel so inclined, you can downgrade me to a 35+ Cat 4- I will let you be the judge. I have not renewed this year yet, but wanted to do so this week. I appreciate you consideration and have a wonderful day. For me, it is back to the desk and the doughnuts.
Thanks Yvonne.
Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment