Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wrap

Friday, we headed out for dinner at Chada Thai up on 17th. It's a quaint little place which is run by a Thai family...so much so that grandma cooks everything. No lie! We've eaten here on a few occasions, and, it's pretty tasty. I opted for the Me Kop with shrimp...which is some sweet yummy chili sauce, while Amy got some Green Curry. Their spicy is measured on the Richter scale. Mild is friggin hot...Medium is melt your underpants hot...and I can't even imagine what the Hot is.

Saturday we woke up and, I rolled out super early in the am to catch up with Jordo and the Winks for a group ride organized by the Denver Athletic Club. Jordan kinda "ran" the ride, and, I was there for moral support. It was, as he says, delightful. The weather was a bit chilly at 7:45, but, it warmed up pretty quickly. As we hit Deer Creek Canyon, we met up with a bunch of folks that take Jordan's spin class at the DAC. These guys can ride! As we headed up the mountain, I felt good, but, not great. My quads felt cramped up and whatnot, and, I kinda surmised that my seat was too low. I got to the top, made a few adjustments, and, as we descended off Turkey Creek towards it was a tad chilly, so, luckily I had a small little wind layer I could throw on. The climb up Parmalee Gulch went WAYYY better than Deer Creek, and, while I stopped to pick up a call from our Realtor, I was able to catch up to the group because I felt so much better. When I got back to the house, I had no idea I'd done 4.5 hrs. That's one of my longer rides these days, and I couldn't have been more psyched.

Sunday turned out to be a bust with the weather, even though they predicted some sunshine. It rained all morning, and some into the afternoon, with chilly temps. Looking at next week's forecast, it appears that this might have been it for cold weather, but, shit I might have just jinxed it too! Stefan, Darren, and the rest of the Westside dudes headed out, and, I just couldn't make it.

This week though, good miles, and, a series of large climbing rides this upcoming weekend. Speaking of, I'm piecing together an Ode to the Giro climbing stages...Initially it looks like this...74-Parmalee-City View-Conifer Mountain-Shadow Mountain, or, 74-Parmalee- High Grade-Conifer-Shadow. Not sure which I'll take...I've never taken City View, so, who knows. I hear great things about it though.

Until next time...A domani

No comments: