Sunday, August 09, 2009

34-25-36

Oh what?!/! No...that's not my dream woman, however, I did ride a 50/34 up front & 11-25 on the back for 36 miles to Ward. That's right...Amy, Mike & I headed up to Ward today for a cookie. We've been doing no sugar all week, and, I've never felt better (since doing this a few years ago). So, what better way to break the cycle, than a nice delicious chocolate chip cookie at the Ward general store.

The ride started around 8, but, really didn't get rolling until after 8:30 due to some mechanical issues on both of our bikes. Mike's a great mechanic! We headed into Boulder via Neva Road, and, ran into the Half Ironman race. We looked for our buddies Katie Coble & The Winks, but, no such luck. They were probably long gone being all fast and stuff. So, we headed up!

The climb had a nice feel to it, and, I couldn't quite put my finger on it initially. Then, I realized that I was on a true compact @ 50/34 up front. The smallest gear for me to date has been a 36 in the front, and, I love it. However, I think I'm in love with the 34!!! I was able to spin and spin and spin. It was sooooo nice. Turned out we also had a nice lil' tailwind the entire way up. I felt so good (wonder why!?). As we climbed, we saw Jordo & Aaron Bachick descending. I yelled at them, but, was in my PPC gear, so, they prob didn't recognize me.

Once we summited, we chilled out for a bit with our cookies, and, enjoyed the amazing weather. It was perfect! The whole ride home we enjoyed a nice cross/tail wind for a bit, and, cruised back to Mike's house with semi-empty bellies ready to feast. We had a barbecue at 4 we wouldn't miss, so, we noshed a bit on snacks and a small meal. Then, Amy cleaned her bike while we washed. It was quite a sight...lemme tell ya.

This week, we got sushi, yoga, and other things on the horizon.

I will blog more...

No comments: