Well well well.
Here we are again. Start of a new year.
This year is different though.
In the past, I start the year out promising myself that I'm going to do X and Y, and, especially Z. I put so much pressure on myself that eventually, I lose all kinds of motivation and interest, that, I sorta rebel against myself. We all do it, but, I'm pretty hard on myself when I don't.
Things are different now though. One thing the last year has taught me more than anything is patience. Whether it was the house, the job, or, our June-to-arrive little biscuit, I just needed to remind myself that I have to let things happen. Rather than focus on events in the future, live in the now.
So, this year, I'm going to do that. I'll drive the desire to get things done. To save a lot of money. To drop that 15 lbs. To get ready for biscuits arrival. I need to make my goals attainable, but, also, over reach some. If I fall short, I can fault myself, but, that's not productive. I have just got to sit back & enjoy life, and, let this stuff get done. I can do it. I'm focused now.
It's gonna be great.
I'm going to try to resuscitate the blog a little. Maybe get a little more personal here & there. I remember reading an article about a sports psychologist saying the blog was a spectacular invention for tracking her athletes. If they weren't blogging, they weren't training. Reflection is important. Sometimes it'll be a tweet. Sometimes it'll be a post. Dunno.
Let's do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment