This weekend was marked with surprises, great friends, family, and, a lot of wacky weather!
Toward the end of last week, the weather here got pretty unstable, and, once you got past the tornado warnings, hail, and blizzard, when the sun DID poke it's head out, it was absolutely lovely! Friday was a day that will remain in memory for quite a while, as I completely blew my wife's mind my flying her parents out as a surprise for the impending baby shower our friends were hosting for us on Saturday. her folks & I had been plotting this for weeks, and Amy had no clue they were coming. When I received the evite from the Crowe's about the party, I was so excited and very appreciative that they were putting this thing together. However, as I perused the guest list, something seemed to be missing for me, and that was some sort of North Carolinian representation. I immideiatly called Dick & Elaine, and, said to them "Look, DCrowe is throwing us a baby shower, and, as a surprise to Amy, I'd like to fly you guys out. Also, for my own selfish reasons, I won't see you until after Biscuit comes along which will be sometime late June. I haven't seen you since December, and, it'd be great to see you again. Finally, this is a huge thing for us...the shower is sort of the "gateway" to the final stretch of the pregnancy, and I want you involved 100%". So, after just a little discussion, I easily convinced them that I'd use my bonus money to purchase their tickets and fly them out. Mission accomplished!
So, let me set up the whole surprise thing for Amy, and, how I did it. Originally, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring them by her office, wait for her to come home, or, some other method of surprising her. So, throughout the day, I kind of tricked her into thinking she had a package at the house, or, something was in process of being shipped there. She saw some funny article about how cats make great iPad bolsters (here...), so, I now had an easy thing to get her going. "Sure...I got you an iPad and a kitten" I told her. On that note, I left work about noon to pick her folks up at the airport. It was great to see them come up the escalator, and, then it hit me...she's gonna FLIP when she sees them...let's make this kinda funny/confusing for her. We grabbed their bags, headed to the car, and, headed home for some lunch. Once we go there I conveniently took the following picture and sent it with the following message...:
Your Kitten & Ipad are Here...you should come home and play with them

I got the following response:
um, you're freaking me out. is this an iphone trick?*
*I've been playing with this photoshop like app for the iPhone that she thought I used to somehow mess with a picture.
Eventually, she called, I put her mom on, and, she came home within the hour! She was in shock...couldn't believe it! Throughout the weekend, we enjoyed some of the most delicious meals and very special time together. Amy & her folks were able to reconnect very deeply, and, while I was included in this bonding & reconnecting (obviously), I also sat back in my mind and just watched. It was such a beautiful thing.
The shower was super fun, and, the turnout was just awesome. The family & friends we have are some of the most supportive, loving, wonderful quality people. We are so very very lucky to have them in our lives, grateful for their friendships, and appreciative of their generosity. We love you ALL!
There was very little riding going on with the company in town, but, I was able to get out for about 75min to Golden and back. This week I'll attempt to ramp it back up, but, of course, things look ridiculous from a weather perspective.
Our dining experiences ranged all over the place this weekend...and everything was just so yummy! Check out our eats:
Friday Night: Dinner at Encore
Saturday Brunch: Duo
Saturday Dinner: Garbanzo's
Sunday Brunch: Stella
Sunday Dinner: Root Down
Oh What!?!?? Everything was so delicious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment