I was able to catch one of my all-time favorite bands this past weekend...Built to Spill! Great show. They played some of the "classics"...Carry the Zero, Time Trap, Sidewalk, Big Dipper, and In Your Mind. I was kinda bummed they didn't play some new stuff. They played one "rough" new song that was like reggae...wassup wit dat mon!? Check out Doug Martsch. He's the lead singer/songwriter of BTS. He looks like he went out one day to go pick the kids up from soccer practice, got lost, asked for directions from a bunch of strangers, and decided to join a band...

The opening band was quite possibly the worst band ever. Mike Johnson & The Evildoers. They should change their name to the Mike Johnson & the Pleasedon'ts!! Yikes they were awful.
Also, another BTS reference....I am listening to a KILLER hip hop record "Dwight Spitz" by Count Bass D. He just dropped a line that said "I got a plan like Built to Spill/Make a record, tour for 9 months then just chill". That is pure genius!
No comments:
Post a Comment