Sunday, March 05, 2006
First punch in the gut of the year
Today was the first of 4 Stazio races. I'm actually only doing the 3 cuz the 4th one falls on the same day as the CSU Oval Crit. That race is fun and I like the course a bit better.
Anyway, it felt good to get back out there and start up the ole intensity. Pimp Daddy literally rode like a dream. I felt super confident in my bike handling, and, it just whipped around corners. I said to him "You go there", and he'd say "For shizzle". Quick side note...no I am not crazy. So about 10 minutes into the race I hit the HUGEST pothole. I coulda swore I tacoed my wheel or at least flatted. Hell no...those Ksyriums are some tough biatches! Regardless, when I knocked all of my fillings lose, I lost my freaking bottle! It just went POP right outta the new cage I got. It was funny bc I had no idea that happened. I thought I just ran something over or that my wheel was just cornholed. So, on the very next lap I reach down for my bottle and DOINK...I realize it's gone. This ain't no walk in the park sorta race. Some of these guys came ready and firing on all cylinders. I was ready, but haven't done ANY V02 sorta/top end work at all. I hung in the pack the whole day and was pretty much top 15 the whole race. I was planning on a decent kick towards the end, but my thirst needed quenching SO bad! In the end, I had to pull out with like 3 or 4 to go because I could barely swallow my throat was so dry.
Overall my power looked good for the first race. Interestingly enough, I rode REALLY smart the whole race. No stupid efforts at all. I used my matches to get up to the front when I needed to, but made sure I conserved some for the end. I was feeling fine as the race started to wind down. Other than that, I just kinda sat in and did great! Here's my power file from this race last year.Notice the first 5 spikes...all like 700W+! STUPID ASS. This one is way more balanced, and the way it should be.
Only big plans for the week are to get new cages!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment