Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nada Surf!


Caught Nada Surf at the Bluebird last night. UNREAL!!! I went with my favorite couple...Robbie & Kristin. Robbie will always be my guitar player and I'll always be his drummer. We had so much fun playing in Curious Yellow together, and are DESPERATLY trying to start another project.

Back to Nada...I can't quite remember the exact setlist, but they played the following tracks:

Hi-Speed Soul
What Is Your Secret
Amateur
Do It Again
Inside of Love
The Way You Wear Your Head
In the Mirror
Always Love
Your Legs Grow
80 Windows
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out (Smiths Cover)
Killians Red
Fruit Fly
Happy Kid
Paper Boats
Concrete Bed

Encore
Blizzard of 77
Stalemate
Blonde on Blonde
Imaginary Friends
Hyperspace

As you can see, they played a lot of songs, and, played for a total of about 2hrs. It was an amazing show. For a three piece they sound so full. The best part is that they sounded exactly like they do on the record. Matt Caws' vocals were so crystal clear. It's like he was singing without effort. I wish they'd played Treehouse...which is my fave by them, but, still, probably one of the top 5 concerts I've ever seen.

The opening band Rogue Wave was AMAZING. I am now a fan. Gorgeous Indie Pop.

Speaking of, I was thinking about all of the concerts I've been to in my lifetime. I'm trying to come up with a comprehensive list of the major acts I've seen (i.e. not local bands)...more on that later. There are only a few bands I've seen more than once...Mates of State & The Paybacks. I would follow them all over the world if I could!!

No comments: