14th place today! Yippee. It was a bunch/group sprint. The winner was maybe 10 yards ahead. I raced really smart today, which was my plan. I took the first lap/lap.5 to figure out where the protected lines were on the course, and, then stuck with them the rest of the race. There were a couple of times where I drifted to the back, but the control room was shouting "Boy, git yo' ass up towards the front." Also, my teammate that I was going to stick with unfrotunately got taken out, so, I was kinda on my own. At that point I realized my position was so important so I was turning it up where I could. On the final lap, I picked my spot to go! I was shooting off around the back-side curve, but this dude that was driving the front absolutely popped and didn't get all the way over. I actually came through super fast cuz I was launching an attack and bumped his handlebars as he was leaning over and drifted (dumbass!). Dunno what happened to him and don't give a crap. He needed to pull all the way off of the road..he literally came to a dead stop in the middle of the road! Unfortunatly this forced me a little too far to the outside to be able to make any good ground, so, I snuck into the trains, rolled off to the right where the clear lane was and gunned it. I was in too big of a gear to really be able to dig it in, but mashed it out anyway. I made up some serious ground in the final 100m so my strategy sorta worked.
Either way, fun, and satisfied. Gonna take this confidence into Wednesday's. Cherry Creek.
No comments:
Post a Comment