24:19 last nite. That beats my PR by 8 seconds. Sweet. I knew I went fast because my lungs were popping out of my already bleeding eye sockets as I crossed the finish line. It's deceiving though because my SRM always reads faster than the actual time. I set the interval when I start, and, it only records when there is power data being transmitted from the cranks. There are times on the course where I am not pedalling (i.e. the roundabout) which does not show up as a "record" in the interval. So, when I crossed the line I saw 24:04. I was like DAMN!!!! Then, once I came to concsiousness I realized that I'm usually 10 seconds on average "off" of my time. Still, beat my PR by 8 seconds. I think I might be able to break 24:00 at the last one. THat'd be ultra dope!
In other news, there were a few Deer Flys

that ended up taking a ride in my car afterwards. I opened the door to unload my gear and about 30 of them flew out. I'm sure it'll take them a little while to get acclimated to the big city, considering they've spent their whole lives out at the Cherry Creek Res.
No comments:
Post a Comment