Friday, May 05, 2006

What in the hell




Last nite I went to Elyse's yoga class per usual weekly activity. It's always nice to get outta Dodge during the week and go to Manitou. Don't get me wrong, the weekends are equally enjoyable, but, something about breaking up the week with a trip south is nice.

I had some head stuff going on. You know...the kind of stuff when you're in your head too much. Thinking about stuff...making yourself kinda nutty. So, about halfway through the class we hit Runner's Lunge.

I absolutly love runner's lunge because it hits my weakest/tightest area...my hip flexors. Being a cyclist you're always hunched over and whatnot, so that makes for tight pelvic/hip muscles in general. So, we're in the pose, and all of a sudden, I feel like I'm going to throw up! Then, I feel like I'm going to freaking cry!? There is some "connection" in yoga between your hips and things that you keep buried/etc. So, I'm assuming that I've got some deep rooted buried stuff down there, and, I really was able to get my hips open to let it all out. It was so wierd though cuz the rest of the night I felt like I was going to cry!?! WTF?!?!?

This weekend is the Lookout Mtn Hill Climb on Saturday. I've ridden that thing so many times that I can do it with my eyes closed. Still, never raced it though! Big difference. A few weeks ago I set a PR on it of 22:32 during the Oredigger Classic. Hoping to get a good time this weekend. More importantly, get a good power result. Sunday is the Rabbit Mountain Time Trial. This is a nice flat fun fast course until the last 500m. It's a 13% grade! I puked on myself last year after I ate a Clif Bar about 10 minutes before I started. It was totally nasty. The worst part is that I had white booties on!

This is "Threshold Race Week", considering there is a Cherry Creek TT, Lookout, Rabbit Mountain TT, then, another Cherry Creek TT the following Wednesdya. That's 4 20min + LT efforts. TSS baby!

No comments: