Thursday, June 29, 2006

Holy Shnitzel


Holy smokes people…that concert was amazing. Rogue Wave at the Larimer. They played all of the songs (except 10:1) that one would want to hear…and then some! The ONLY slightly “off” thing was their cover of “I’m Only Sleeping” by the Beatles. It was semi-butchered, but they added their own little spin on it. That’s like my all time fave Beatles song so I was a bit critical . Either way, they were amazing. The sound in the place was second to none and the guy at the board did a tremendous job mixing them in such a small space. It had to have been challenging since everyone in the band sings harmonies all the time. Kudos to him. I definitely get MVP though…all night this freaking annoying “I-just-turned-21-and-now-I-can-get-stupid-drunk-and-be-really-annoying” girl was talking the whole time right in front of me. Everyone else in the show was pretty quiet, considering how many people were there. Still….an amazing amazing show. Definitely top 3 on my all time list. The highlight of the night was the closer...Love's Lost Guarentee. My fave track by them...Yippee

No comments: