Sunday, August 06, 2006

Race Wrapup

This is by far my favorite weekend of racing out of the whole year. 2 fast & flat crits. Absolutely love these 2 races.

Fed Center Report: Myself, Amee (and the real Amee was even there!), T-bizzle T-bone, Beckerhead, and Blair lined up for this one. Race was like it usually is...surgey but very tolerable. On the 2nd to last lap a NASTY crash happens coming around at the 200M mark. Our good buddy Greg Ross is the victim this time. He went down hard...when I say hard...I don't mean like ouch that hurt...he is F&CKED UP! He went to the hospital to get his hip checked out. He's all kindsa cut up too. Really nasty. Jeremy, T-bone & I were all sitting about 6, 8th &9th respectively, with Greg sitting 7th. I was 8th and had to slam on the brakes. I eventually ran over the carnage and tried to TT my ass back on. However, the group floored it after the crash. So, I chased for 2 laps, eventually teaming up with the rest of the group that got stuck. This is just some bad bad bad freaking luck. There was no way around it either as it was a "sweeping crash"...you konw...one of those that moves itself across the course :-). Terry said he saw a bike without a rider actually hooked onto someone elses bike...now that is nuts.

Bannock:JEREMY COLLINS WINS THE 4S BANNOCK CRIT BY 2 INCHES! Wow...talk about photo finish. Myself, Collins, Metro, Blair & Tim lined up for this 7am race. Holy shit that's early. About 50 or so guys though. Race stayed together the whole time pretty much. I got into a short lived early break with the eventual 2nd placer but he flatted and I just sat up & waited for the pack. Integrated nicely and just stayed up front all day. Tim was up there all day too! Tim rode like a freaking champ!!! Awesome job man!!!! Final lap going into the 2nd to last turn up the hill 2 guys jump from Louisville & Rocky Mounts. Jeremy, sitting now on the front of the group (as he was 3rd behind these guys) freaking lays it down and sprints from the bottom of the hill all the way to the finish!!! He passes both guys off the front, while Andrew from Feedback grabs his wheel. He tries to throw it past Jeremy at the line, but Collins wasn't havin' any of that!!! In the end...

Jeremy 1st
Me 8th
Tim 12th (FUCK YEAH!)
Blair 17th
Metro (I think he got stuck behind a crash...)

This was a fast race...26mph average, with a max of about 38 at the finish.

Psyched...I want to hold this form forever!

1 comment:

reastman said...

Rule #1 you always have to start your sprint on the hill right before the last turn at Bannock. Rule #2 Don't talk about fight club.