Monday, January 15, 2007

A few new things...

Quick snack...healthy and yum!

1. Cocoa-Applesauce Cake

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

2 cups thick applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
substitute for 2 eggs
3 tablespoon cocoa
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Topping: 2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients. Mix lightly. Put into a lined or sprayed 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake about 40 minutes at 350, till a toothpick inserted at the center comes out dry. Freezes well.


Tasty stuff! Not too sweet, but it's SUPER light thanks to the applesauce. It'd really hit the spot maybe with some PB chips in there...oh snap!

So this weekend when I went skiing up at Eldora, I brought the ole iPod with some new music on it. I love Smart Playlists. For this one...any music after 12/08/07 (I don't really ever update it!) who's playcount is 0. In this round of music, I had some artists I'd never really heard...namely The Coup, Califone, Honeycut, Wolfmother, and Cursive to name a few. Good stuff! However, the new Tenacious D album "Pick of Destiny" got loaded on there too.I heard the song "Beelzeboss"and about lost my balance on the trail I was laughing so freaking hard. Here they are. I am so psyched Dave Grohl is working with them again. His drumming is so recognizable simply by his sound and "Grohlisms". He hits the drums so flipping hard...I love it.

No comments: