Friday, I took the day off of work with the intentions of doing about 5hrs or so on the bike with Jordan & Jeremy joining me for a bit before they had to get to work. The wind here was outrageous! 100mph gusts. It was tough keeping our bikes in a straight line out of traffic. We had to turn aroud and head back to MOB for a quick trainer session. I couldn't take it, so I bailed :-). Sat & Sun consisted of 2 nice long days in the saddle. I hadn't had 2 consecutive 5+ hr days in a while, so it felt good to do that. Hooked up with the MOB ride early Sun am, then peeled off with a few buddies and roudned out the day with a visit up "The Wall". Since the bike path is still iced up in spots, I've been taking more of an urban route to get out of town.
I head up by the Capitol building, and down 15th all the way over I-25 and up into Highlands. It's fun and I usually have the walk signal and do not have to stop the whole way out! I have to be vigilant though and make sure I don't get doored. I had Monday off from work, so I lopped on another 4hrs. Felt great, but my knee is still bugging the heck outta me. It's really frustrating.
I'm not sure if it's an old injury that has come back to haunt me or what. Either way, I am going to a PT MOnday morning to get on a regular schedule of rehab. Luckily this place is a block away from the office, so, I can hit it during lunchtime. I had George at MOB check my cleat position again to see if anything was off, and, indeed, it was. Maybe with the fixed cleat position and a steady rehab schedule, I can finally iron out any kinks in the armor prior to the races. Last night Amy, myself, and our friend Rita went and checked out the Nominations for Live Action for the 2007 Oscars. They were pretty entertaining, and really enjoyable. The best was Enoramos Pocos. Really funny.
Anyway, the folks are in tonight through Sunday. Looking forward to seeing them...it's been too long!
Weather this weekend looks iffy & cold, so we'll see what's up with riding...I'll def do the Feedback team ride on Sat as that is always a great workout...
No comments:
Post a Comment