Friday night I started the eve by preparing some seitan. Yes it looks like brains and/or boiled turds, but it is actually gluten flour and a few liquids (i.e. seasme oil & soy sauce), and delicious. It's a fake meat, and, works really well as a sub for shredded or cooked chicken in any recipe. It is like tofu in that it gets its flavor by absorbing the spices/etc vs like a marinade...with seitan though you can marinate it. Tofu too...but not as good. Ok enough...
Afterwards, it was Critical Dumbass time (name a la Critical Mass)! We all met up at the thin man for some drinks, then hauled it over to the Walnut Room to catch the Denver Gentleman show. It was such a beautiful night out, that we rode all the way home to my place from the Walnut room, rather than crashing at Amy's. We got in around 1:30, so my early morning ride plans were nixed! Saturday I attempted to go for a decent fast paced-ride, but flatted twice, thereby running out of tubes! Lucky for me, I was able to ride with Amy for a bit, and she was driving in from Golden. She grabbed me and off we went. Later that day, Buy Me wanted to do some more filming for some things that Dave & I already agreed to for the sale of my house. Afterwards, we actually did a bit of house shopping. We looked at a few really awesome places in some different neighborhoods. One place in Wash Park, one in Cap/Congress Hill, and 2 in City Park West. All of the properties had one thing in common...they made me want to sell my house that much faster! It was so tough getting out of the car and looking at these houses...knowing very well that I can't do anything about it. Still no word from the two showings we had last week, but, we assume that's because they're talking to lenders (or hoping at least). We got done with dinner late, and just came home and hung out.
Sunday was Mother's Day, so of course we called our moms and wished them a Happy Mother's Day (did you!?!?!). We split up as Amy went for a ride to Golden, and I headed to the State TT course to pre-ride with Jeremy. It was nice to get back out on the TT bike and just have fun. I felt like a huge weight was lifted by just riding alone and doing my own thing these last few days. I feel recharged and more positive. Plus, I wanna race again! Feels like my motivation is back. I can't thank Amy enough for being there for me when I was a whiney pain in her ass. She's the best! After riding, I finally mowed the jungle in the back yard and it actually looks half decent. I now just have to stay on top of it the next few weeks until I sell this place. Hurry up!!!!
achoo
No comments:
Post a Comment