I took 7th Ave East until Holly, and headed south to the Cherry Creek path. It was a super quiet road until the Alameda area, but regardless, it was nice. Once I hit the path, I ran into the most MILITANT bike pathlete in the world. This woman was on an old school down-tube shifter bike
with toe clips, a styrofoam helmet, and sneakers. She was yelling at EVERYONE that approached her slightly towards the middle of the path saying "STAY ON YOUR SIDE!", or, talking outloud to herself. It was s c a r e y! The best part though, was when she basically ran over these little kids that were standing on the corner with their bikes waiting to cross the street. She literally plowed through these two kids, probaly 9 & 11 years old, with their dad standing right there, and didn't even stop after the one obviously panicked and was going to cry. I stopped, but she kept going. I was gonna chase her down and say something, but she must have gotten off the path at some point. On my way home, one of the greatest examples of the bike pathlete species was exhibited. I was just cruising home and this guy obviously wanted to race me or something, cuz he kept pulling up along side me...chain creaking because it hasn't been lubed in years,
hairy ass legs...you know...the typical bike pathlete stuff. Anyway, I am approaching a bottleneck area of the path, and slow down (mind you I am barely pedalling, just cruising home enjoying the ride) because of approaching congestion. This guy is like RIGHT on my wheel and I can here him lock it up behind me breathing heavily. Awesome. Anyway, we pass under Speer Blvd to a hard 90 up a short hill. This guy passes me on a 100% blind corner...and I mean blind...you can't see SHIIIZZNIT, and BLAZES up the hill. I have to laugh, and, of course, say "WOOOOOW!" qas if to acknowledge his sheer cycling prowess. I laughed my ass off because of course there was someone coming head on that he almost took out. Classic classic stuff.Another note, we went bowling as a team bonding exercise yesterday. Now, I suck at bowling...awful, but yesterday somehow I bowled a 174. Unreal. However, I quickly reverted back to my normal ways with a sparkling 92. I woke up today, and my left leg is absolutely killing me. I couldn't even ride to work! NO more bowling...NONE!
Once I got home, Amy & I decided to hit up Lola for their $2/fish taco Happy Hour.
They have ahi, snapper, and escolar tacos that are sicko...and only 2 bucks each! All in all it was $22.19 for the whole bill, for a bunch of tacos and 2 drinks. That place was awesome!! Once we got home though, it was all over...the TV went on and we got sucked into yet again ANOTHER reality show...only this one is of epic assinine proportions. It's called Shear Genius , and, it's some show about hair stylists (get it? Shear Genius?). Don't ask me what the hell the point is, or why the people thought it was a great idea for a show, but, hell, it's on TV. Suffice to say we watched 2 episodes, and, already started rooting for someone. I should interject that we RARELY watch TV...RARELY.Today I am finally getting a haircut. No more teen wolf!
No comments:
Post a Comment