1. World Champ socks
2. Creaky gears/etc
3. Downtube shifters
4. Any euro-team kit or
5. Any combination of the above.
*Disclaimer: I under NO circumstances will ever respond or take the challenge of ANYone on the bike path...EVER. This is an oath I took when I started racing...all racers take it. Anyway...
The first guy that wanted to rumble pulled up with #'s 1-3 on an older Euro bike.
It was within the first 10 minutes of my ride. He gave me the bikepathlete glare...you know...when they pull up along side you so you know they're there, look over at you as if to say, "Oh...you think because you race you are the shit? watch this buddy...I put 50 miles a day in on this thing". So, as soon as this guys sprinted around me, I figured I was safe for the rest of the ride. (In the morning, I typically get 1, maybe 2 max, pathletes that want to rumble.) However, what would transpire was something so mind blowing that, I think I might have been dreaming...So I'm cruising along la la la, all of a sudden, this guy in a full
Saturn/Timex kit down to the freaking shoe covers comes up along side me, kinda passes me, does a full "over the shoulder taunt", then gets out of the saddle and attacks. He rides to the top of this little rise and absolutley BLOWS UP...classic.
I hear him weasing as I slowly roll by, and smile to myself. Sheer awesomness. I am now looking forward to the ride home...the GOOD ones all come out after work.
1 comment:
I'm wearing a pair WC sock next time we ride. Don't forget about Mr. Liquigas we passed on P2P
Post a Comment