During today's opener ride, I was out at the Cherry Creek res doing my thing. Now, mind you, before I left I looked to the west and saw the darkness & threatening, looming, definitely going to pour like no other, rain clouds on the horizon. I thought to myself...meh, I have 1 hr. Plus, it's moving in a different direction. I get out there and things are fine. I look towards the north, and bleccch...no thanks would I want to be there. I pound out my 2x3's and start to work my way back to the small hill at the entrance gate to do my 1 mintuer portion of the workout juuuuust in case it decides to rain. This way, I'm closer to the office. Well, I'm riding on a pretty wide open spot of the park at this point, looking of to the east at some marshes and the forest. All of a sudden I feel this warm rush of a sensation run through my body, then the loudest ever BOOM/CRACKLE.

I swear felt something tap me on my helmet, and, swear I saw a spark out of the right corner of my eye falling from my hat. *I could have also swore I felt something new in my chamois...but I DID NOT POOP MYSELF...I screamed "WOAH!!!!" and freakin hi-tailed it to the bathrooms which were still about 5-6 minutes away. Then, the sky opened up, and it literally threw up the most moisture I've EVER seen in my entire life. It hailed, thundered, lightninged, rained, poured, deluged...you name it. It was insnae. I hung out in the bathroom for about 10-15 minutes soaked and shivering until it passed over. THe only consolation was the hand dryer to help keep me warm.
Don't get me wrong though...I did check my chamois when I got to the bathrooms...
No comments:
Post a Comment