Ok! Back to current events. Tonight, Amy & I are going to see The Hold Steady at the Ogden. Should be a fun time. I only know 1 song by them, so it'll be interesting to see if I become a fan or not. These guys are like a cross between Bruce Springsteen & any bar-rock band in the world. The lead singer has this sorta speak sarcastically as you sing sorta thing going on, but the band is so great!
I also stumbled on a CLASSIC CLASSIC album from my teenage years.
The Outfield's "Play Deep". YOu might remember the classic "Your Love"...you know..."Joanie's on a vacation far away/come around to talk it over/So many things that I want to say/You know I like my girls a little bit older/I don't want to lose your love tonight/I just wanna use your love tonight". Anyway, what a treat. I listened to it on the way into the office today. Reminds me of driving to Point Pleasant over the summer to go chill at the beach. I actually hate the beach. Ironic
No comments:
Post a Comment