Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hello Moto Redux!

So last night was another fun filled eve of Motor Pacing with Frankster. First off, it almost didn't happen. It took me 1h 42min to get to friggin' Boulder due to traffic, accidents, and weather. It was the most bizarre series of events I've ever experienced. Then, when I got there, the sky looked like the apocalypse was upon us. However, for the second week in a row, we lucked out!

Anyway, this week went way better from a skill standpoint. I was able to hang right on his wheel and anticipate the accelerations out of the corners. We did a "fake crit" for a few laps around the IBM complex, where he'd absolutely PUNCH it out of the corners to get me to accelerate, and then semi-ease up on the straightaway, only to punch it again. It was a blast, and, it blasted me! We took the "hard route" home, heading west on Neva. This was the same site as the Haystack TT way earlier in the year, where I stunk it up like a big ole block of Limburger. This time though, it obviously felt different. We punched it at or above LT for the entire leg, with a breif respite prior to the final 2 hills or so. I faded a bit on the mini-hump where the finish line was, but, was able to recover, and punch it all the way up the final rise to 36. It was freakin HARD!

Here's the SRM snap shot...














Yeah, the commute sucked, but DAMN is it ever worth it!! I absolutely love it. I am still tired though!!

No comments: