Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Blowing out the pipes

Yesterday was the first high intensity/Vo2 workout of the season. It was 2 sets of 3 minuters, with 3 minute rest. Last year's workout plan was a bit different and really didn't include any high intensity stuff, but that's because my main focus was TT's. However, this year, I wanted a program a little more similar to the '06 season when I was more all-arounder than TT'er. In 06 the average across all 6 reps was 332W, which is good for that time of year. The workout was done outside, and wattage is always higher outside vs the trainer Last night's workout went really well, and The average was higher, but I haven't really calculated it. It was done inside on the trainer, but, I used the Col De Sormano as my "hill" to help keep the wattage up. My personal goal for my form in any type of interval (LT or above) is pretty much a good high cadence. For me, there's a mental breakdown that occurs when my cadence drops when I'm climbing or TT'ing. So far, in all the workouts I've had this year that put me at or above LT, I've kept the cadence around 85-90, as opposed to 77-83. I notice a huge difference in my rhythm, and, I feel like I'm able to sustain it longer because it's a different "feeling".

In other news, Amy left for Kuwait yesterday, to work on Operation Myspace. She'll be rubbing elbows with the likes of Jessica Simpson and Disturbed, either filming/interviewing them, or, editing down the featurettes to go online. I'm very proud & excited for her, but also, a bit concerned. Granted she's gonna be on a military base and gets a miltiary escort in, but, it's still the most unstable part of the world. She'll be back next week, and I can't wait!

For now, I get to ride the trainer and not drive her nuts.

No comments: