
Friday night I went over to my realtor-buddy Dave's house for a little Wii session. Holy smoke is was fun...but I tell ya, my arms were killing me the next day. We played some Raymond's Rabid Rabbids #2, which is basically one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It's like these toxic bunnies that perform the craziest little stunts through games of skill and timing. For example, the scene starts out with the bunnies eating a bunch of chili, then, they start farting so much that they blast off from the ground. This leads to the challenge of "flying" propelled by your bunnies gas. It's pretty outrageous to say the least.
Afterwards, Amy & I went to Stella Trattoria for some tasty dinner. I got the 32nd street pasta which is probably the best thing on the menu. It's spinach spaghetti served with Tiger Prawns, toasted pecans, dried cherries, and some goat cheese. SO tastey. We've never had a bad meal there. It's seriously the best food.
Saturday was an epic day as far as weather & riding goes. I rode down to Chatfield hoping to get some team riding in, but the guys changed their mind and decided they wanted to do the Deer Creek ride, which I graciously (and quickly) passed on. I continued up Deer Creek Canyon to the top, descended to Tiny Town, and then on up Parmalee Gulch Road.
Both climbs are pretty good, with Deer Creek being the harder one, but the scenery is just the best. It's pretty much why I love it here. I mean, you climb these windy, turny roads to the top, and, get to an exposed summit with views for miles. Just awesome! 
That night, Amy & I rolled up to my sister's to hang with my nephew. This kid is getting big FAST! He's so adorable too...
Yesterday was an issue...it was like a New Jersey January snow storm here...windy, blistery cold, and a heavy wet snow. Very annoying!! I opted for a 1hr trainer ride in the am, then a few errands. I ended up going to brunch with Amy & a few friends at The Mercury Cafe. It's a sorta off the beaten path sorta place that serves organic locally grown vegetarian & non-vegetarian meals. It's sorta dark and somewhat punk-alternative (think a less-refined Watercourse), but the food is pretty good.
After futzin' around the house that afternoon, I went over to Pedal Pushers to finalize & build up the TT rid. Let me tell you...if you need a fit, go see Jason. He's attended the Serotta Fit School program, and boy has he come a long way in his skill. I mean the guy has gotten GOOOOOOOOOOD!!! He helped me spec out a few parts for the bike to make it a bit meaner/agressive, all at the same time keeping things cost-concsious...without even asking me! Now THAT freakin' rules. You can't find that other places. Case in point...with the addition of the new Dura Ace SRM, I needed an external cup bottom bracket, and, I also wanted to upgrade the bearings to ceramic. So, rather than me spending 100+ dollars on the whole setup, Jason opted to put a set of 105 cups on there with the nicer bearings. Same construction and everything, and, the parts are pretty much identical now, as he would have removed the bearings from the Dura Ace cups. He saved me about 40-50 dollars without even asking, again, and sacrificed absolutley ZERO performance. I mean, that is just friggin awesome. We dialed in my position by lopping off a too-long stem (110 to 80mm!!! No wonder I sucked last year), and sdjusted the seat/etc. He pulled out some wicked new tools and was totally prepared to answer any questions. The best part about it was the continously asked for feedback from me about how I felt, and also, what I wanted. He worked with me and was just the consumate professional. Seriously, go see him for a fit/dial in. I can't wait until the Rivet I ordered gets in, to see what he's gonna do for me on that. Sicko!! The tubulars are getting glued up on the disk & tri-spoke, and, there is some fork sleeve thing that has to get glued into the fork that is setting up as well. Very excited!
This week is a lot of high intensity work, mostly on the trainer. Shuold be a productive one!
No comments:
Post a Comment