I mean it is pretty funny and the writing is pretty good, but, it's also pretty cheesey in it's "feel-good" vibe. The reflection pieces/subplots are pretty predictable, and EVERY episode has one, and is resolved/revisited at the end for the smile-invoking internal good feeling monologue by one of the characters. It starts at about 10 minutes into the show, and is typically resolved by about the 22nd minute, just in time for Zach Braff's shenanigans to re-institute a feeling of being grounded and happy again. The soundtrack has a tendency to be mushy, but it's not bad, and Braff's been bulleyed by some of the indie pulps for commercializing some up and coming indie music. Case in point, the Shins in Garden State.
I have to admit though, I like the character of Turk played by Donald Faison. I find he is the funniest and least annoying. The one guy Dr Cox is super annoying and his rants are too much. Most people know him from just that show, but, did you know he was a psychopath asthmatic hunting down a fugitive Ice-T in the northern woods? It's true...he played a character named John Griffin in the gawd awful "Surviving the Game" based on Richard Edward Connell's novel The Most Dangerous Game, in which, a band of recluse hunters pick random ex-cons, drop them in the middle of nowhere, and hunt them down. It's a cool short story, but the movie is so cheesey & campy.
In other news, Amy's home from Kuwait! Unfortunatly she's sick with a cold/flu something or other, and is down and out. Apparently the trip was pretty nuts and busy, but also a pretty crazy experience. Besides being guarded with M-16's the entire time, she spent most of her time in her little trailer editing footage down for the Operation Myspace live concert feed. It's about 30 hours worth of travelling to get from Kuwait to Denver, and boy lemme tell ya, I couldn't do it. I can't even drive to the Albertson's around the corner to get milk or eggs when I need them. On her way to & from Kuwait, she spent some time in jolly old London.

Lucky for her, I'm a global operation and have stores everywhere.
2 comments:
ude. Jenni Di is my bud! She joined my SF bike team and we drive matching cars. I was supposed to meet you sometime ago when I was here for work in Aug 06.
in perusing your photos... we were standing next to each other shooting photos of the psycho cross in boulder. hahaha. who you ride for? did you do the crits last weekend? i took over jenn's spot on RM.
Post a Comment