Ok! So tomorrow is the big day. Gettin' the ole injection into the SI joint, and hopefully the QL to help calm things down. You can see an information video here, in case you decide you want to try it at home yourself. Let's keep the fingers crossed it works! With a new bike on the way, as well as all our new kits, timing couldn't be worse for the injury, but, better once I recover, as everything will be here.
Now, onto the weekend....
Friday night we were supposed to go check out our friends in local band Rabbit is a Sphere. Yeah, most band names are pretty wierd/witty, but, this takes the cake. Supposedly it is some sorta mathmatical conjecture as follows:
The conjecture is fundamental to topology, the branch of math that deals with shapes, sometimes described as geometry without the details. To a topologist, a sphere, a cigar and a rabbits head are all the same because they can be deformed into one another. Likewise, a coffee mug and a doughnut are also the same because each has one hole, but they are not equivalent to a sphere.
These kids in the band are really nice folks, and, a tad nerdy (one guy swears to just "LOVE" math). They're in the vein of Tom Waits meets Tapes N Tapes sorta low-fi "beat-poet" rock. Regardless of their genre, we didn't go. We met a friend at Buenos Aires Pizza, and decided to roll home afterwards as we're becoming rather old farts. The food was delicious. Their pizza is a bit more South American (obviously you can glean that from the name), so their ingredients offer a big departure from your typical pizzeria. Additionally, their crust is a bit different, resembling the texture of Foccaia bread in both it's thickness and taste. It's really really tasty though. If you haven't been, be sure to hit it up at some point.
Saturday the weather was just plain STUPID. It snowed, was sunny, smelled like rain, and was as shizo as I'd ever seen it in my 15 years here in Colorado. Since I wasn't racing Deer Trail, we decided to tackle a few wedding related tasks that we'd been putting off for quite some time. That morning, I went and took a yoga class from a studio that opened up 2 doors down. Nina Lois Turtledove was a great teacher, and kept it really mellow. It was an iyengar class, so, while the number of poses was minimal, I felt copmletely energized later that day. It was pretty rad. Couple that with the fact that their were only 4 of use TOTAL in this class, and I was psyched. Oh...10 bucks for 90 minutes too!!
We hit Bump & Grind for some breakfast/brunch at about 11:30, and, decided to hit Crate & Barrel from there. Yeah, we're white, so what?!?! The process was quite fun...go around and pick stuff out, and, not pay for it. We didn't pick too many things as we're trying to funnel peeps towards the honeymooon donations. We are really interested in going to somewhere in Italy! Yeehaw. After shopping and whatnot, we decided to hit the couch and watch the movie we got from Netflix...Rocket Science. Seriously, the WORST movie I've ever seen.....we've ever seen. It was an indie flick, and, it just was terrible. It had potential, and, coulda been a helluva lot funnier/clever, but, it wasn't. Ugh...it was SO bad.
Sunday we went up to Erie and visited our riding buddies. Amy went up to Jamestown with her posse, while I took it super easy for a 1hr ride. Eventually, I met up with my sis & her family and we had some quality time with my little nephew.
It was a great week/weekend, but, I tell ya, I gotta ride. I am interested in seeing how this injury (hopefully) clears itself out post-injection. Not sure what types of PT/post injection treatment I'll be subjected to, but, bring it on.
Hopefully I can get some pics of tomorrow, but we'll see.
Report to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment