Monday, June 09, 2008

Alcuni Cose

So, this weekend was chock fulla lotsa stuffs.

Friday, I chose to cyclo-commute in pretty much to help kick-start the re-establishment of my fitness. The hour or so it usually takes me to get in was pretty much a joy on the new ride. It was a bit chilly on the way in due to the rain the night before, but, the sky was as blue as ever which made the views unreal. I knew the ride in wouldn't really be a true test of the new rig, but, there were a few spots where there was a significant difference in just about everything!

Saturday, I hooked up with a few teammates and headed out towards Golden in what would turn into my first "group ride" sorta work in almost 3-4 weeks. Michael Hanna, Roger Phillips, and Brian Appleby are probably not the guys you wanna ride out to Golden with on your first foray back into fitness building, but, then again, they kinda are. Those guys are so freakin' strong it's awesome. Once we hit Golden, I peeled off and rode up & over to Morrison with another teammate, Rob Helton. He's a neurosurgeon that specializes in backs...oh the irony! So, basically we just talked about what I was going through, what he does for a living, what Amy was dealing with, as well as some cool physiology/doctor sorta stuff. I learned quite a bit! Plus, I really didn't know him very well, so it was a great opportunity to chat.

The remainder of Saturday was gardening time. I spent some money over at the Home Depot getting some woodchips for the front planter of the house (which I have attempted to do something with for every one of the five years I've lived in my place...). I also planted some desert plans in the planter directly against the house to add some color. I got some great ideas for the Galapago Desert patch of property from my buddy Nick, who, suggested some Russian Sage, as well as a few other wild grasses. Once I get those in, we'll put a small paver sorta walkway to the door, and boom, we're done. Gotta boost that curb appeal y'all!!

Sunday started out looking as if I wasn't going to get a ride in because of the rain. However, I ran over to Albertson's to get some breakfast stuff, and, lo and behold to the west it was crystal BLUE sky. Eventually, it cleared out, and I headed out towards Chatfield, up and over to Morrison and home. It was a sweet ride. The new bike is just insane. I plan on posting a full review this evening or tomorrow morning.

No comments: