Sunday, November 02, 2008

Goodness!

This weekend was chock full of it.

Friday night, we headed up to Jason & Katie's house for a lovely home cooked dinner. Amy and I agreed that those 2 are probably the cutest people on the face of th earth. Their place is pretty sweet...very warm and welcoming, and, has a killer view. They set us up for a ride to Hoosier Pass Saturday morning, which, totaled about 45 miles or so. From their house to the summit it was a false flat of 2% all the way to the base of the climb, then, the climb, while only 4 miles, was a good one, especially at 11K feet! The weather was nice indeed, but, I was pretty underdressed. I froze on the descent, but, quickly warmed up when we hit the bike path into town, and, really got heated up on the final ascent up Swan Mtn Road. We headed back to Denver, and did some food shopping for the delicious weekly menu we picked out. That night, I stayed in and prepped a few dishes so I could go watch the Cyclocross race the next day up in Boulder. I baked for like the 4th time in my entire life, and, my quinoa cornmeal muffins came out great!

Sunday, I woke up and rolled out to REI to meet Chris and Darren, as well as a few others. We headed to Westside for the MOB ride which had a nice tailwind into Golden. The usual fireworks started, but, I just decided to use the draft until the last possible moment. Of course, Cummings and a few others just hauled it off the front with about 200m to go and were there for the final decision. I latched onto one riders wheel and pulled myself up to about 8th in the final (solo) sprint, but, who's keeping score!? After we went up lookout, I headed home via the normal south route (yale/morrison road), ate, and headed up to Boulder. I caught PPC Jason at the run up for the barriers, and Jordo & Winks showed up shortly thereafter. The crows was awesome, and, the race was pretty neat to watch. The pros are SOOO smooth!!! I rolled home and finished the cooking for the week, and, man oh man...Roasted Acorn Squash, red onion, and spinach quiche!!! Damn it came out sooo good!! Here's a photo dump as well as a video highlihgting the sheer mastery the pros have of their sport.

Enjoy!















1 comment:

Christopher Cummings said...

hey, i will email this to you when darren, or yourself send it to me, but here is the link.http://www.cptips.com/