The next morning was Valentine's Day, so, Amy & I decided to head up to Winter Park/Mary Jane for some skiing, and, to start using our freakin' 4 packs we bought. We had YET to use a day! Well, 1 down, 3 to go, and, might I say I had a great time! The weather was off and on sunny, and, when it wasn't sunny, it was blowing snow and pretty windy. However, it was pretty tolerable. We skied Mary Jane for a better part of the day, and, got WORKED over by the powder conditions. I was wearing the same pair of boots that were donated to me about 5 years ago by my friend Brian Cahill. The only issue is that he's a size 8, and, I'm a size 9. Yeah, I know...but, I've been wearing them for 5 years now, and, I cried everytime I skied. After a long day of ignoring the excruciating pain that goes along with putting these damn things on, I was able to take them off and say good riddance! Prior to heading back to D-town for some early eve shopping, we stopped at The Sushi Bar for some Happy Hour V-Day sushi celebrations, and stuffed ourselves silly! We popped into Colorado Mills and grabbed a bunch of new things for the house that we'd needed for some time now, and, FINALLY, I got a pair of boots!
The Salomon X-Waves will be dope! They They're used, but, have a foam injected moldable liner and footbed that hadn't been molded yet. Save for a few scratches (which I'd put there eventually), they're in great condition! My next find is going to be a new pair of skis (USED THOUGH!), namely the Dynastar Mythic Riders. I'm having fun scouring for a super duper deal. I'm not picky, but, they have to be in decent shape. If it turns out I can pick up a pair of 07/08's cheap, then, who needs updated fancy graphics? I actually like the older graphics better anyway.Sunday we woke up to sunny skies and warm sun, and, rolled on up to Erie. We were SO SO very sore from skiing, but, I took the fixie anyway, and we did the normal Sunday am ritual/haul out to Platteville. It was super windy heading out, but, once we headed North, we were zipping along with a great tailwind. Heading back, the wind was more cross-wind, but, either way, we had a GREAT workout, and I am absolutely toast this morning.
Nothing really too crazy this week, thank goodness, I can do some things around the house that need to be finished up, and, just chill out! pic dump below.









No comments:
Post a Comment